Alas another week is coming to a close. On Thursday we rounded the corner of 30 days of kindergarten. Amazing things are happening and the coolest part is that there is more amazement to come! Time sure flies when you are having fun!
A few points of noteworthiness:
• October Book Order - coming home today is due by Friday the 11th. You may order online or bring in the order slip and payment. Checks are to be made out to Scholastic. Cash (exact funds as no change will be given) is also acceptable.
• Water Bottles are Mandatory! Because the drinking fountains are in the cafeteria/gym and classes take place there drink breaks are not feasible. You may support your child to fill his/her water bottle before or after school in the restrooms or cafeteria (if no class is going on). I remind students at recess and lunch, but your support will make this even better.
• Math Parent support NEEDED: Tuesday and/or Thursday 10:30 - 11:30. Send me an email or catch me before or after school if you are available.
• Monday the 7th of October is a Field Trip to the Youth Garden. We will be walking and outside from 9:00 - 10:30. The Youth Garden requests that we have water bottles, appropriate clothing, and foot wear. Students will be carrying their backpacks with extra layers and water bottles. If you would like to accompany us, let me know! The Youth Garden requests that NO siblings attend.
• Tuesday the 15th of October is School Picture day. We will be going first thing in the morning with individual and group photos. Smile pretty!
• Thursday the 17th of October is an Early Out day!
• Friday the 18th of October is NO SCHOOL
Other news... I am in the process of creating a website for MCS Kinders. Once it is at an operational state I will let you all know and remind you to direct your attention there. I am excited about the website as a place for communication, documentation, and exploration. The photo gallery will be password protected so that the rest of our site will be easy to navigate.
It was great to speak with all of you at conferences over the past weeks. I adore your children and look forward to witnessing them grow this year. Thank you for sharing them with me.
Ms. Carrie Ann